Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Seoul

Tomorrow is our last day of orientation here in Jochiwon. I think I'm going to miss this place. Everyone went out to get wasted tonight, but I stayed in. Mostly because I've gone the the bar just about every night these past couple of weeks and I need to stay well. Alex was starting to feel sick today, I don't want to be next! So I stayed in and relaxed. It was peaceful here. I played my Native American flute music and edited photos :) I'm so cool.

Anyway, I feel like so much has happened and I don't even know where to begin. I want to talk about my trips to Seoul and the cool Koreans that I've met and all my little random adventures. But that would almost require a novel at this point, so I guess I'll just post a bunch of pictures and narrate for ya:

A sunrise over Jochiwon, where we've been staying. :) It was a pretty morning.
Seoul bookstore on crack: Kyobo. It rocks.
We found a bar called "Texas" so, naturally, we had to stop for drinks. This was our waiter. He was shy.
This guy is right in the middle of downtown. SO beautiful!
It was V-day weekend, so heart things were aplenty. My donut at Dunkin Donuts:
Speaking of Dunkin' Donuts, this was one of em. It was on the second story, so we people-watched from above while we drank our coffee... Gorgeous, right??
Just as we were coming out of the subway in Itaewon, we were greeted by this parade. It was awesome!
Gong shopping in Itaewon (which is the foreigners area of Seoul).
The real purpose for our Itaewon stop, though, was Indian food. We found this Pakistani-Indian place and it was so pretty inside!
Our program treated us to a showing of Nanta. It was this musical/comedy/Stomp-esque performance intertwined with cooking and sharp knives. I loved it! If you come visit me, I'm taking you to this!
After Nanta, we had some free time for lunch. Alex and I ran into this guy so we stopped to dance with him. The Korean people were very amused. I think that's why Korean people seem to like us...'cause we're those foreigners... ;-/
Oh and for lunch I ordered chicken curry. This is what I got. Half a chicken. I was not amused.
Seoul architecture is seriously incredible! I will have to make a special posting just for all the amazing buildings I've taken pictures of...
Seoul from 63 stories high. We took a trip to the "63 building" and inside there was an aquarium, wax museum, AND an observatory deck that just happened to be featuring works of Picasso. It was neato.

That's all you get for now! Wish me luck on moving my two 50-lb. bags to Gyungju tomorrow... (it's only on basically the other side of the country)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...