Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Korean vintage. Don't even get me started...

Those of you who know me know about my love -- OK, love may be an understatement -- for vintage clothing... I once had an online vintage store; the majority of my wardrobe was used before I bought it; and I take it as a compliment when I'm told I am dressed like a grandma.

Well, I'm happy to say that I've been pleased, thus far, with the resale shops I've scoped out here in good ol' Korea. There's a shop in Yecheon that I wandered into one day, about a month ago. The woman was so kind, I hardly even had a chance to look at all of her used gems. She poured me a cup of coffee and we sat together attempting language exchange. In turn, she taught me basic Korean sentence structure for about 20 minutes. But I'm getting off track now (I could go on and on about sweet, old Koreans being nice to me)...back to Korean resale and vintage...

I've been to several used clothing stores so far, but my greatest vintage shopping excursion was in Jinhae a couple of weeks ago. I bought these four items for a grand total of.... $24! I probably could've sold the dress alone for $30-$50 in my store. So I'm quite proud of my treasure hunt:
A simple black silk blouse, lace-lined on the bottom.
Beaded shoulder bag. So much cuter in person -- there's a gold tint to the beads.

I think I'm most excited about this -- 'twas only $4 and is just so me.

2 comments:

  1. OMG! MER! WHERE IS THIS???????? PLEASE PLEASE TAKE ME!!!!! I LOVE EVEYRTHING IN THESE PICTURES!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well its in Jinhae which is at the very Southern tip of the country. BUT. I've found a TON of other cute vintage places we can go to sometime that are closer!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...