Friday, June 17, 2011

I got...

...this half cup of cola, half dish of chicken from one of my favorite students yesterday, because it was his birthday. (You read correctly -- it was his birthday, but I got a gift...hmm). Anyway, I was amazed by this. The things they come up with over here, right? I think this could do really well in the States, although it would have to be "Americanized" first, meaning, tripled in size...

...this baby toy from my mentor teacher. It was her sons. Studying a foreign language makes me feel like I'm back in diapers again.

...this lovely lolli from a unknown source (I found it lying on my desk at school the other day...Score!).

...a DIY kit at the candy shop next to my school for 1,000 won ($1)  from which I made this little guy. It's a keychain and oh-so-terribly-yet-wonderfully-Korean.

...this purse off of G Market (Korean's eBay...sort of) for 12,800 won (less than $12)! I'm in love with it -- it's the purse I've always wanted and thought I'd have to pay at least $50 for (I cringe at the thought of paying more than $20 for anything clothing- or accessory-wise. CRINGE.)

...called "handsome" today by a 6th grade boy in passing. Not beautiful. Not pretty. Just handsome. 

1 comment:

  1. OMG! When I come visit can we please make lots of keychains like that!!???

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...