Wednesday, June 22, 2011

ME is NOT an animal.

I was teaching my first graders animal vocabulary. I was quizzing them for stickers; putting a picture of an animal up on the screen, and they had to raise their hands to answer. I put up a picture of a zebra.
"ME! ME!!" one of my genius kids yelled.
"ME!" another screamed at the top of his lungs.
I chose one of the quieter ones holding their hand up high.
"Me."
Nice try. But I'm sorry that's wrong. That's a word to describe YOU, I informed them as I pointed at each of them and said Me, Me, Me....

Next animal up: Lion. The hands flew up.
"ME! ME!! ME!!!" my smart kids yelled out.
Again, I went for a quiet contender.
"Me." 
Nope, that's still not right. Me is NOT an animal.

I tried again, and yet, once again "Me" was an answer. And again. And again. At first, I thought my firsties (yes, I just made that word up) to be pretty clever for attempting to steal the answer from another student who couldn't keep their mouth shut. But after the second, third, fourth time.... I just don't anymore...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...