Wednesday, June 8, 2011

My dream home (and not a thing to do with Korea)

I have a confession. I've been indulging myself in good ol' escapism today. It seems wrong, since I live in Korea. I should be exploring, right? Eating too much Korean food and norebanging my face off. But no, not today. Everyone needs a break sometimes. So that's what I've been doing. I haven't been sleeping or reading a book, though. No, not T.V or video games, either. Angry Birds? No way! (OK, I'm lying). 

After having a girls weekend in Seoul with Anna this past weekend (pictures coming soon), and after walking into one cute cafe after another, and after hearing Anna say, "This is what I want my house to look like"... "No, this is what I want it to look like"... "OK, THIS is what I want my house to look like;" Well, I was inspired. 

It just so happens that my Dallas friend, Katy (who writes this AWESOME fashion & fitness blog), had a post today about Pinterest. I had never heard of it, but checked it out and quickly became addicted. There were some amazing decor idea, and Heaven knows this girl likes to get her design on. I decided that I would create my "future home." So...drumroll, please...here she is, ladies and gents:

Welcome to my beautiful cottage. Or tree house. I can't decide which one I like better.
If you look to the right of the house, you will see my birdcages. I like to host garden parties there. Now step inside (and admire my lovely foyer).
This is my living room. Well, one of them is. I can't decide which. My ethnic side says the one of the left. My eccentric girly side says the right. Either way, there's gonna be a tree involved.
All I ever wanted growing up was a chandelier. And a doggy. Which worked out for me pretty well. The dog, that is. I had three. But never a chandelier, so I'm making up for it by throwing two in my kitchen. Which will be overflowing with these pretty little babies (the teacups).
If you look out the kitchen window, you will see my tent of wonder.
Annnnd... the bedroom. One of these is mine. The other is the guest bedroom, since I must have both.
And the bathrooms. Throwin' another chandelier up there...man, I was deprived as a child. 
This is my study. I'm giving you both angles to admire. I like flowers, in case you're wondering.
This shall be my daughter's room. Fit for a little fairy princess.
The powder room and staircase will reflect my love for and travels to East Asia. 
And finally, the best for last. My backyard. Screw a pool. I've got tree pods. Still not sure how to get into that one on the far right, but the other two rock my world.

 /end home tour

2 comments:

  1. OMG, LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE> Can i live in your home with you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. um, YEAHH. You can have the pretty guest bedroom :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...