Sunday, September 4, 2011

THAILAND -- CHIANG MAI

My friends took us to Chiang Mai, which is in Northern Thailand, for the last leg of the trip. I'll spare you words this time and just get to the pretty pictures... 

1)View of Chiang Mai from atop a hill...on the way to the 
Phu Phing Palace (/poo-ping/..yes) and 2) this temple, Wat Phrathat Doi Suthep :

   
Beautiful... can you spy the monk?

One of the most gorgeous temples, it was founded around 1383. I fell in love with the extravagant embellishments...



You could purchase a bell...so we did, and wrote all our names on it. Together forever in Chiang Mai :)

 Later, we visited the Hill Tribe village and its markets:


 This is the garb worn by the locals (as displayed by these two adorable Hill Tribe children that came by to visit us). Ning and I also tried the outfits on:


Maesa Elephant Camp, one of the largest centers for elephants in Northern Thailand. There are different conservation centers due to the dwindling number of Thai elephants...speaking of which -- Definitely my new favorite animals! They're so intelligent!

Getting baths!

So cute!


1) No one could tear me away from the elephants... If they would've offered me a job right then and there, I would have never left!! 2) We watched the elephants paint! I've actually seen them on Ripley's Believe It Or Not before and they've also set a Guinness World Record.

We ate at our friend Ning's friend from high school's French restaurant (got that?). I don't remember the name, but it was beautifully decorated and the food was incredible. It's probably one of the few (if not, only) French restaurant in Chiang Mai, so look it up! (They still serve Thai though -- best Panang Curry I've ever had!) 


His brother cooks the food and he is the dessert chef (he lived in Paris). Just one of his many delectable creations:

And finally, we visited a Hot Spring on the last day. You can buy a basket of eggs, cook them in the hot spring, and then eat them while you soak your feet in the hot spring creek.


I love Thailand!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...