Monday, August 13, 2012

I haven't really written much about my job this semester, so I thought I'd share some photos that have begun to collect on our work website. First, my favorite class that I teach is Yoga. After a series of poses and games, the last one that I always show them is "crow pose." And usually, I give the yoga award to whomever can actually do it (since it's a pretty tough one). See below -- this little girl actually did it as she was accepting her award :) Too cute.





One of my more recent classes that I've begun teaching is Fashion. I asked if I could do it, and -- to my surprise -- my boss OK'd it! It's basically Project Runway with newspapers, condensed into a 40-minute lesson. Taking after my fashion designin' auntie ;-P



Oh, and there's always a fashion show at the end.

Sometimes the outfits actually turn out pretty good: 




Other times, they don't. But it's always fun..even for the boys!



One of my other classes is Medical. It really just consists of wrapping students up like mummies and having races on the wheelchair. They somehow manage to learn a little, too. I think.


A few months ago, we had to work this education festival. I was in charge of tent decorating. I had to make a jungle. Not gonna lie -- it sucked. But besides that, I manned the art booth, where little ones made animal masks. That part wasn't so bad, I guess...





On the second to last day of every camp, we hold a quiz show called "Golden Bell" (based on a Korean kids' game show). Our local City Hall actually provides the winner with a free month-long trip to the Philippines or Australia to study English. Amazing, huh? I still don't understand why some kids don't even TRY to study. I would be busting my bum to make SURE I won if I were them...  

Anyway, here are a few of my favorite answers:
S.O.S.... hahahaa
Acting out the answer...awww
Absolutely no one was correct...


Now. Meredith Teacher in action: 





I still don't know what I'm doing half the time. But it always seems to work out, somehow. 



And finally... some cute pictures I dug up. Kids being cray cray...

  Learnin' about Picasso...

Girls being girls for the camera.

Jailbirds.

Making children write stories while I sip my cofffeeeee! mwahahaha..

The End.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...